Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What have I gotten myself into?

In case I wasn't stressed and overworked enough right now, somehow I found myself volunteering to put on a 45 minute presentation at a local green building show in April. Somebody must have done a midnight lobotomy on me recently because this just doesn't make sense. I guess that when it comes down to it, I'm a decent public speaker (I sound slightly more intelligent than George W.) but I hate public speaking and I don't have time to properly prepare. If this were a wedding that I was the best man at (did that a couple of times) I'd prep by getting properly drunk beforehand so that no matter what at least I'D think that I did a good job. I don't think the expo is going to have a bar. Drat. Of course, the real reason I volunteered is that I like to occasionally step out of my comfort zone to keep things interesting (funny, that's the same reason I've decided to race single speed in the expert class this year) and to push myself to new (sometimes lower) levels. If I don't wet my pants beforehand I should be ok.

I'll be making the presentation on our house construction and the theories/idea's I have about how to make a house environmentally friendly without jumping on the "green" bandwagon. In fact, I've decided to not use the "green" tag anytime during the presentation. Hey wait, none of you reading this probably care about this junk do you? I guess I'll stop now. If you do want to see more, you can pop on over to www.knickerbockergroup.blogspot.com where shortly, I'll start to provide regular content about the design/construction and get this, I'm getting paid to provide content for that blog. That's right, I'll be getting paid for blogging. I'm not sure my employer realized just what he's getting...

Anyway, enough yammering, here are a few new pics:


A fresh rendering

curve of the roof
my brother being my brother. he's single ladies (shocking)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jason said...

dude that curved roof rocks. very cool man.

Groover said...

I love the house. Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product.

rick is! said...

thanks guys, I can't wait to see the finished product as well because that'll mean I can ride again!

bikemike said...

Rick,
I used to do that fer a living and NEVER got to build anything as nice as the home you are at the moment.
Very impressive!

rick is! said...

thanks mike. we're pretty excited.