Thursday, February 26, 2009

I am the pack mule, hoo koo eee koo

On Thursday I finally found a pack combination that the Ergon BD1 simply cannot make disappear. Take that you haughty BD. Because of some time I needed to spend at the house after work I was forced to haul a dewalt driver with me. This little gem tips the scales at 5+ lbs alone, add in a craving for diabetes in a bottle (aka mountain dew) and other various necessities and you have a pretty heavy load. I must admit though that while the pack didn't make the load disappear like it usually does, it DID make the load comfortable. I know, I know, you're thinking to yourself, "rick is a total Ergon whore and sellout, you can't believe what he says!" and while technically the first part is true, the reality is that I'm an Ergon whore because the shit works so damn well.

the load

the mule


Also, I'd like to point out how much tougher I am than most of you wankers (two different links there) out there. The other day, for my morning commute, my "only off by ten degrees" weather station told me it was a balmy 22 degrees out. I figured, 'heck, that's practically shirt sleeve weather' so I put the balaclava away and rode with a cycling cap alone. My manliness compels you.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Wheels said...

Your manliness compels me to throw up just a bit in my mouth. To toughen myself up, I'm going to tape roots and rocks to my rollers.

rick is! said...

tape the roots and rocks to your genitals and then MAYBE you'll be approaching my manliness.

Wheels said...

I already give them a regular beating.

Jason said...

I thought you gave up Mt. Dew?

rick is! said...

I still enjoy an occasional green bevy but not usually during the week.