Tuesday, January 06, 2009


Running is dangerous


Recently, I feel like my life is getting back on track a bit. As mentioned before, we've moved into a new place and we're much more comfortable there so that helps but the bigger thing (for me at least) is that the move has meant that I'm getting much more exercise than I was for a while. I'm still not putting in multi-hour bike rides but with a combo of jogging with the pooch (have to do that twice a day now) and some commuting, I'm finally feeling human again. I'm definitely not training yet but it is nice to get consistant exercise again. Hopefully, once the legs start to like riding again (they feel very lead like right now) I'll be able to kick it up a notch and start adding some intensity. It'll be some time before I add any volume but at least I'll have some conditioning under the belt when things open up this summer.


The funny thing is, now that I'm running more I'm realizing how dangerous it can be. In a twenty four hour span I fell twice while running. Twice. I honestly can't remember the last time I fell riding (of course I barely remember riding so that might not be a fair comparison) but here I am falling while running on pavement. Nice, very nice.

Contributing to my new sanity is that I've somehow managed to string together rides three days in a row. The longest one was only 1:05 but I'll take what I can get since I don't think I've ridden three days in a row for 5, maybe 6, months. Yikes.

One of those rides was a commute from work yesterday. I had packed all my things in the morning before heading to work and THOUGHT I'd be all set for the ride home. Fast forward to the end of the day, I head over to change and quickly realize I had forgotten one critical item.

1 comment:

Wheels said...

You forgot your bike?!