Thursday, October 16, 2008



Thank You Garmin


I'm still in the no time mode right now. Something about working 50+ hrs/wk plus scrambling to design and manage the begining of construction of our house leaves me with precious little time to write. With that said, here's a tidbit of good info. As I've blogged about over the course of the summer, my Garmin 305, while being super cool and useful had become so frickin persnickedy (did I use that word???) that using it was nearly impossible since it shut off roughly every 2 seconds. I finally got around to contacting Garmin about getting it fixed. Unfortunately, as is my style, I waited way to long to contact them so the 1 year warranty was almost 9 months passed so I expected to have to pay for any service that I got. To my suprise, I explained my problem, sent my unit (yeah, I did it, I said unit) in and within 2 weeks I had a new-ish 305. To give it the ultimate test of it's internal fortitude I strapped it to the El (and all it's rigidosity) and rode 10 hours of extremely rough trails and it passed with flying colors. Thanks for the shiny new unit Garmin.

Also, please remember to vote for who gets the new bike next year in the right hand sidebar.

-------------------------------------->

No comments: