Monday, October 13, 2008

Mash 2

We started off the ride, which we expected to be in the 9-10 hour range with the biggest climb of the day, a 25 minute grunt up the Camden Snow Bowl directly from the parking lot. I had a 32/19 gear on my 29'er and I was uncertain how well I would do. I managed to ride most of the climb (much to my suprise) but I think I left part of my spleen on switchback #20 and I think I may have killed a squirrel with a shard of my kneecap that shot out on a short 20% grunt.



Cycling by the sea.




going down


Shortly after leaving summit #1 of the day, we rode up Pleasant Mountain for summit #2. I lost a kidney on this one. Wisely, with all of the big climbs of the day done, this is when I decided to change my gear to 32/20. Brilliant!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not a bad organ count by any means.