Friday, October 10, 2008

Can't ride? Let's drink.



Riding has been scant recently but at least my drinking has picked up! ;^)


Unibroue or Unibrow?

Thankfully, my unibrow is well maintained so I could enjoy my Unibroue guilt free. Tasty stuff too. For $9/bottle it should be. I almost had a cerebral hemorrhage when the cashier rang it up!

While I haven't been riding much recently, I have been working on convincing B that riding in her trailer is great fun. Part of the plan has been to pick her up from school in the trailer whenever possible and promising ice cream on the way home. So far it's been a huge success since she has a blast while being pulled and often asked me to go faster and she freaking loves the fast downhills plus, she barely eats any of the promised ice cream so I get to finish it for her.

This morning we had our first school drop off via trailer and it went better than I expected with B being happy the whole way. The weird thing was that after I dropped her off. I unhooked her trailer (to pick up when I get her this afternoon) and began to ride to work. I expected to feel super fast without the 50 pounds of dead weight behind me but surprisingly I just felt weird, like my bike was out of control. I guess that without that 50# anchor reeling me in, I was kind of out of control by comparison.

2 comments:

Groover said...

So you are right on track for National Beer Drinking Champs, hey? :-) Bet you daughter would have loved the trailer anyway but it was a good way for her to trick you into some ice cream. :-) She's a smart girl.

rick is! said...

no championships for me. I get drunk wayyyyyy too easy! Thankfully I'm entertaining when I'm drunk...