Friday, August 29, 2008

What to do, what to do



It was Friday night, we had no plans and the weather was beautiful so we did what any "normal" (and by normal I mean completely abnormal by American standards) family would do. We hooked up the trailer and went for a ride into town, grabbed some mexican food at our local hole in the wall and then rode for some gelato and ice cream. Come to think of it, if you were to change the word ride into drive, it WOULD be a very American Friday evening. Either way, it was a very good way to finish off a work week and it's nice that B really enjoys going for rides in her trailer now.

getting ready to roll out.




B's fave, rice and beans and a bean taco.




nachos and dos Dos Equis'






I hate ice cream!

On the return trip home, Marcy made a comment on how slow I was riding the El Mariachi up the hills so I suggested she give pulling our 35 lb bundle of love up a hill on a singlespeed geared for road riding and see how it feels! She accepted the challenge (on a flat section of course!) so we made the switch; Marcy on a very big bike and me on a comically small bike (for me at least). Picture going to the circus and seeing a trained bear riding a bike. That was me.

She managed to pull B but couldn't sit because I have the seat so high plus, she wouldn't be able to reach the bars!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: