Monday, August 25, 2008

Locked and Loaded, or Rested and Ready


I didn't do one little smidge of riding over the weekend. I did do lots of sleeping though. Apparently, my body was craving some rest because I slept a full 10 hours on both Friday and Saturday night. That is quite a jump from my typical 6-7 hours. Last week, I was a total wreak, feeling groggy and grumpy. I had assumed that the funk was because of the early demise of the race season for me but I guess the bod was just ready for a re-boot. It felt weird to sleep so much but boy did I need it. As a result of the extra sleep, I also find myself craving some serious saddle time. With our closing coming up in two weeks, big hours aren't likely but I do plan to hit up a couple of new trails I've scoped out in the area. If all goes well, these trails will become part of my semi-regular route.

Late edit: I just realized that I missed my first race of the season in the MMBA series this weekend with nary a quiver. In fact, I had forgotten about the race completely until this morning. See Marcy, racing isn't the only thing I think of. :)
Short and not so sweet. See ya.

No comments: