Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Time

Sunday, after dnf'ing out of my race I high tailed it home so that I could salvage the day with some good ole' fashion family time. By the time I got back B was down for her nap so I got to work on her monsterous swing set for a couple more hours (only about 15 hours left to finish it!) and then once she got up we geared up for a mountain/road ride together as a fam. We'd start with some smooth-ish dirt camp roads and then test out some tame trails and see how things went. Initially she wasn't crazy about the bumps (even on the camp road) but within a half hour she was asking to go faster and would freak if Marcy got by us (I guess the competitive nature is built in!). After our turn around point we hit up some double track trails that B really liked. According to Marcy, one root that we hit put the trailer onto one wheel and B didn't mind one bit. She even started to get into the bumps by making funny noises as we crossed bumpy areas. If it wasn't for a super pokey pooch (he's starting to show his age I guess) we would have had a really good time on the trails. Back at the car we decided to ditch the dog in the car (which was parked in a nice shaded area) and head into town for some ice cream. On the way there, B demaned that I go faster and faster and faster until I literally couldn't pull any harder on my mountain bike. I may have missed out on a bunch of effort at the race but I made up for it hauling her around town at squirrel speed. Her maniacal giggles behind me kept me going though. Things look good for a "real" mountain bike ride soon.
B enjoying the ride

Marcy in her urban warefare garb.

Whatcho talkin bout Willis?
Posted by Picasa

I love this video by Marcy. Slight rocky downhill + first time holding a camera while riding = loads of viewing pleasure.

No comments: