Thursday, June 12, 2008

.

Phew, glad that's over!

Bloodletting number one in the books.
74 miles + 4:20 + lots of climbing = really sore legs today.

Not a whole lot to report from yesterday's ride other than it felt really good to do a group ride. Even if it was only a group of 2. Apparently, Mad Mike was having a trail day at the Snow Bowl so only one other soul showed up to enjoy the beautiful mid 70's day. Their loss. Jason and I ended up going out for a very good 2 hour ride hitting up almost all of the hills in the area. No real mountains but still plenty of rise for me to get my climbing legs on. At first I was afraid that having only one other rider there would mean a pretty casual, conversational pace but apparently after spending soooooo much time riding alone all it takes is one other person to bring out my competitive nature and before I knew it I was redlining on climbs (going beyond anaerobic and into ludicrous) and hammering on the flats.

By the time the "group" ride was finished I was VERY happy that I had decided to park where I'd get roughly 70 miles in instead of the possible 90. The legs still felt ok by the end but I could sense impending doom so I was more than happy to unclip with a bit of energy left in the tank. Being that it was my first longer ride of the season the shorter duration was probably for the best.

All for now.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jason said...

wow sounds like a good one.

Unknown said...

Ludicrous? I went into plaid last week while hammering a woman's group ride on the Van Dessel. Take that!