Wednesday, May 07, 2008

what is wrong with these pics?

My beloved Van Dessel, which I gave to my brother as a birthday/xmas present, was trashed a few weeks ago. When rus first told me we were both pretty bummed. The Van Dessel, while being a simple and pretty inexpensive bike, was still pretty sweet. I couldn't tell you exactly what I liked about the bike but it was a great do-it-all performer. Truth be told, I never would have gotten rid of it if I hadn't promised to do so before getting the El Mariachi. I hadn't been able to bring myself to sell it. It just didn't seem right for some reason but when I found out my brother wanted it back (it was his first) it seemed like a pretty good solution.

That is, until he had it locked outside of his office in Boston and came out at the end of the day to find this:









Thankfully, the damage wasn't as bad as initially thought. Somehow, somebody had managed to destroy the wheels, brakes, cranks and bb (and I believe bars) but leave the frame unharmed.

Thankfully, Rus is a bit more mechanically inclined than I and Van has risen from the ashes and rolls again.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jason said...

who the eph does that, and WHY??

rick is! said...

and how? Rus assumed someone backed into it but it's strange that the frame survived.

Travis said...

What the Hell...atleast the frames ok.

rick is! said...

yep. and now he's got a better set of hoops since the first set were built-up sort of crappy.