Friday, April 25, 2008

pop quiz

Time for a quiz boys and girls.



Is it:

A: the world's biggest contraceptive device capable of capturing man-size bearded sperm.
B: one of the various reasons that I've had trouble getting consistant riding time in.

Answer:

B, of course and not just because option A is far too scary to comprehend.

That is actually a trap for fish that Marcy is using for a fish study that she's involved with. The worst part is that the timing is all based on tides which means, right now at least, she has to be there at around 7 am and 7 pm. Smack dab in the middle of my riding opportunities. Thankfully this was supposed to be a rest week anyway and the next few weeks looks to work better schedule wise.

Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on ordering up some much needed biking stuff from Bikeman. All little stuff since we don't have money for big stuff right now but important stuff all the same like new road tubes, a new blinkie taillight, heed, hammer gel etc. I've blown through road tubes like crazy recently for some reason so the new tubes are key. Usually I patch my tubes but I have a strict "if the total weight of patches exceedes the original weight of the tube" rule and since all of my spare tubes exceed that requirement it was time for some freshies. The taillight is also pretty important (and much more boring to write about) too because somebody nipped my nearly new blinkie the other day while I was at a board meeting and it is still pretty dark when I ride in in the morning. I should be thankful though because they left the bike.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Groover said...

I have got the "No patches on top of each other" rule. No, usually 3-4 patches per tube max.
However: I have about a flat every six months or even less. So check: 1. the tyre for stuck pieces of glass, 2. the tyre in general (too worn) and 3. tyre pressure.

Happy riding! :-)

Jason said...

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to patch a road tube. MTB tube are not prob, road tubes just find their way to the garbage.

Nice fish trap.

j

rick is! said...

no tire or wheel problems, just bad luck and lack of air pressure. rough roads + too little pressure = flat tire. riding through pile of broken glass = flat tire. yada yada.