Friday, October 26, 2007

nuthin as usual

Its been pretty quiet around here recently. So far the fall has been pretty kind with fairly mild temps and some very nice days but for some reason I still haven't been able to ride much recently. Its been a combination of long hours at work (still! f, this has got to end soon), leaking plumbing (the bathroom, not me. I suspect my leaky plumbing won't start acting up until I hit my fifties) and other suprises putting up ride block after ride block.

Thankfully I was able to commute to work twice this week. Because I haven't figured out how to work my eccentric bottom bracket (have I mentioned how mechanically incompetant I am recently?) to run a higher gear for road mileage on the El Mariachi I have been stuck on the road rocket. Typically that is nothing to worry about but with hunting season starting on Saturday I had hoped to get a couple of mtb commutes in this week before having to deal with blood thirsty, drunken red necks stumbling through the woods shooting at anything that moves.

I guess I'll be sticking to the road for a while and getting the bike ready for some ripping winter riding. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the Nokian 29" 294 comes out soon.

Time to get to work. GO SOX!

No comments: