Monday, June 04, 2007

Ergon short term report









Last Saturday as we were making final preps for our trip south to Brevard North Carolina I was suprised to find that the care package from Ergon consisting of one set of team green (Marcy thinks its more like team vomit but what does she know??? :) ) P1 grips for my El Mariachi, just in time for me to mount them up before hitting the primo southern single track. My initial shake down ride at my parent's place was positive but at only about 45 minutes it could hardly be considered a true test. I was hoping to get in enough time on the grips while in NC to get a true feel for what they had to offer.

It turns out that my initial thoughts still hold true. After a very quick 'get to know ya' phase of about 5 minutes I found myself forgetting that I was even using new grips until later in the ride when I realized my hands didn't hurt as much as usual. The standard grips on the El Mariachi (salsa something or others) did not work well with my hands and the hard rubber nubs just seemed to iritate them. Other Salsa grips have worked better for me but these just weren't cutting it. Anyway, the Ergon's have a nice soft-ish but still firm feel with a very light grippy texture. The platform is padded just enough to take the harshness out without being too squishy and gives a nice place to rest the hands.

After about 10 hours on them this past week on some sweet flowy singletrack I can now safely say that I love them, neon green and all. Now its just a matter of getting a set to put on the dos niner.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey! You are going to get me in trouble with Team E.

Jeff Kerkove said...

Good to hear!

rick is! said...

everybody is entitled to their own opinions. color-wise at least.

Jason said...

Would that be Marcy pizza vomit?

rick is! said...

nah, the pizza vomit was much more colorful. sundried tomato and feta...

Marcy said...

So glad you brought my vomit into this.