Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pasty white

Saw on the news this morning that Mike T. is recovering from the hit and run I mentioned yesterday. Good to hear. You can see the interview HERE.

My Wednesday night group ride was thwarted by a chamber of commerce event I needed to go to last night so to at least get a little time in during the glorious weather I skipped out for an hour mountain bike spin during lunch. Its the first time I've put rubber to dirt in a couple of months at least and it really showed. Talk about horrible tech skills! I was having trouble with shit Brynna could probably ride over on her tricycle. I'm sure the skills will come back quickly enough but damn is it humbling. Tonight I'm going to hit some real trails down at Reid State Park. That place will surely test the early season abilities.

Yesterday's mountain bike ride wasn't the only first of the year. It also marked my first ride of the year sans arm warmers. Oncoming motorists had absolutely no trouble spotting me from a distance with the way the sun radiated from my pasty white arms. Looking at the picture below I understand why some people in the office are becoming concerned about my weight loss. With veins like those I'd make one hell of a smack addict.



2 comments:

Jason said...

your are OFFICIALY the only person
whiter than me. Wait maybe Big Al is.
Have you SEEN that Panaracer catolog? ;)

1st time on dirt always makes me feel
like a novice.

rick is! said...

got myself a mean farmer's tan to go with it this weekend so now I'm no longer pasty white and more of a pasty pink. yay me.