Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hmmm, thats weird

This week marks rest week number three, seperating the base 3 and build 1 periods. As a result, the saddle time was supposed to be minimal. Unfortunately (kind of) the beginning of the rest week just so happened to coincide with the beginning of some beautiful weather. Not one to pass up such nice weather and knowing that rain was to be coming in on Wednesday I decided to get some good rides in on Monday and Tuesday and then let the rest of the week become the recovery time. Sounded simple enough. Until Tuesday night at least.

A little background first. With me trying to ride in the morning 2-3 times a week and Marcy trying to get to the gym the same amount we have set up a flexible schedule to allow us to do just that every other day. One day I'll take B to daycare so Marcy can get to the gym and then the next day (assuming its good weather) we'll switch so that I can ride.

So, back to the topic at hand. Tuesday night Marcy saw the weather and noticed that it was going to be nice out again Wednesday morning so she told me I should ride in to work and she'd pick me up on her way home after work despite the fact that it was her turn to go to the gym. Normally, after hearing those words, I'd turn into Hyper-Hypo Man and sprint around the house getting my shit together like a giddy little kid. On this occasion, however, because I had already got in a bunch of riding this week and wanting Marcy to get her gym time in, I declined. And that is where the weirdness started.

We spent the next hour arguing about who would do what. Me trying to convince Marcy she should go to the gym and Marcy telling me (not trying to convince mind you) that I was riding in. I've been married long enough to know that no matter what you argue about with your wife, eventually you will lose. Even if you somehow miraculously win an argument there will be consequences. Oh boy, will there be consequences. So even though I knew that I was right and it really was Marcy's turn there was no arguing with her. Bringing up facts would have only made her more mad. So guess what? Thats right, Marcy MADE me ride to work on Wednesday. Life is tough.

No comments: