Sunday, November 12, 2006

its a wrap

Its Sunday evening and I just wrapped a fine weekend.  Yesterday, Marcy was in New Hampster at a friend’s baby shower so B-Girl and I were left to our own devices.  We passed the time playing, napping, Christmas shopping for mommy and going for a road ride.  This was our first ride together in over a month and I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome.  It was a beautiful day with temps hovering in the mid 50’s, sunny skies, light breeze.  I also tried a different method of keeping B happy than previously.  Before, I would wait until B was ready for her nap and head out hoping that she would fall asleep during the ride.  Unfortunately, when she wakes from her nap, she freaks and screams bloody murder until we get home.  So with that in mind, yesterday we headed out just after B’s morning nap and sure enough she was happy and content during the whole ride.  I purposely kept the ride short just in case but I never heard a peep (no unhappy ones at least) until we pulled back into the driveway after the ride.  This may have been my last trailer ride with her this year but I’ll certainly remember this come next spring.

Today was spent hanging around the house, doing a bit of work to make some extra coinage for this winter’s copious house renovations.  I was also able to squeeze in a mountain bike ride with the pooch before the rains descended on us.  We got in a sweet 1.5 hour on a new loop that we stumbled upon while exploring.  The funniest thing happened during the ride, because of the previous night’s rains Chance was enjoying himself splashing through all of the puddles.  One puddle on the edge of a swamp proved to be more than a match for the pooch.  It was only about 5’ across but when he tried to run through, he took a header and disappeared from sight.  He emerged a second later, covered in mud and quickly scrambled out the other side with his tail tucked.  Funny shit.  I laughed out loud at the poor s.o.b.  Of course, I wasn’t laughing as much when I had to clean him up when we got home.

No comments: