Tuesday, November 21, 2006

dreaming of a white christmas

With Christmas and my birthday quickly approaching all of my available grey matter has obsessing over what to ask for. With the early demise of my heart rate monitor and the fact that I get lost at the drop of a hat, I've been thinking a lot about the Garmin Edge GPS/Heart Rate monitor.


I definitely consider this a lust item and not really a need item. I could easily run out and get another hr monitor for less than a third of the money and do perfectly fine but damn is this thing cool. Its hard to tell from the photo but the computer is only about twice the size of my current cat-eye bike computer and probably smaller than some of the monstrosities they call bike computers that I've seen advertised over the years. But in that small package there are tons of functions with the four most important being: 1. heart rate monitor 2. gps 3. bike computer 4. training software.

I would think that with those four items at my side, I'd be able to kick it up a notch next summer.

Realistically though, it taint gonna happen so if I'm going to set my sights on something so pricey it might as well be the new Salsa Mamasita.


Me likey.

1 comment:

Jason said...

HHHHHHHHEEEEY Mamasita. That Latino via Minn. via Taiwan, via Maine has got me all lathered up.

j