Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pack Mule

I managed to get in another somewhat suprise commute this morning. It was a kinda suprise because Marcy gave me the green light just before bed last night. Of course, since it was a suprise, I wasn't fully prepared with food etc at work so I was forced to pack it in with the Jandd Hurricane bag. The bag is pretty comfy overall but when you're used to riding without one, it can be a real drag. Its most noticeable on hills when the extra weight really slows you down. But of course, without one, I'd be without food today so I am very happy I have one. Plus, I use it on a daily basis as my giant lunch bag anyway so it sees lots of use.

Thankfully, this morning was close to 20 degrees warmer than yesterday, ringing in at 59 deg. Throw in a pre-ride jog with the dog and I had a pretty decent workout this morning.

Why do I always look like such a dope when I take the type of pics in the morning? Probably because I am a dope, taking silly pictures of myself.



















Mouth agape.














Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey now! I offered to drop the bag and food off at your office on my way by. Trying to drum up sympathy here?

rick is! said...

uh, no. I know plenty of people who schlep those bags around on a daily basis. I'm just pointing out the obvious that riding without one is better than riding with one! Careful, I might sue you for slander. I've got a reputation to protect!

Marcy said...

The words "forced" and "without food" suggest a little dramatization here.

rick is! said...

what can I say? I'm a drama queen. :)

Jason said...

I think I see your nipple.

j

rick is! said...

and it excites you doesn't it? that pic makes it look like I have torpedo titties.

Jason said...

I wasn't excited till the term "torpedo titties" was dropped.