Friday, September 08, 2006

morning suprise

I had an interesting morning today. The alarm was set to go off at 5 (when I typically get up to jog with Chance) but somehow I had managed to re-set the clock so that it was an hour ahead so in reality it was 4 and not 5. Since I was up, I decided to get in a quick road ride. I quickly threw my stuff together and hoped on the the road stallion and headed out. I brought my camera so that I could get some cool coastal shots since I was heading down to Pemaquid and Bristol but unfortunately I wasted the batteries taking pictures of myself and a penis painted on a street sign so I have no lovely coastal shots for you but you do get to see some more pictures of me (yippee!) and some local Maine artwork.

the obligatory photo while riding shot.

Maine artwork at its best. The artist was obviously a bit confused when he/she put the stem looking thing just above the berries.

In the end, I rolled in with 1:20 and about 23 miles. I also have a lunch time mtb jaunt planned if all goes well. The weather is looking good so it should be a sweet ride.

3 comments:

Jason said...

That sign needs to go near that "penis on road" art work near my house! I like that fact that sign basicaly says "Penis Entering" now. SWEET! Unless you're the enter-ee, but some folks mostly your femal types are in to that, but there are some guys... Oh wow WHY am I rambling on about a penis sign at 7:30 a.m.????

issues.

j

Andy, R&D said...

did you sell off your old bike gear and scrape together enough fundage for the cross season?

rick is! said...

I'm working on it right now. A co-worker is looking to buy a bunch of my shimano 9 speed stuff so hopefully that'll pay for some new brakes, handlebars and helmet. Once I have those I'll be ready to roll. Of course then time comes into play. Marcy and Brynna have been subjected to my racing all summer so I won't push any cross on them. If it works out to get a couple races in thats great, if not, thats ok too.