Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Down for the count

So last week I got in a pretty decent amount of riding and cross training.  Probably more hours than I’ve managed to squeak in since early summer.  I was pretty pumped about that.  Until yesterday that is.  I got up at normal time, went for a run with the dog, got ready and headed in.  Was feeling pretty good until about 8am when the chills set in.  Damn!  Ended up toughing it out for a couple more hours then packed it in and went home to sleep it off.  Usually a good nights sleep will knock any illness out of me but I still feel like ass this morning.  A nicer ass, but an ass none the less.  Hopefully I can kick this thing quick because I’ve got the short track race this weekend when I hope to pull double duty racing both the single speed class and expert class.  I did the same last year and pulled a first in ss and second in expert so hopefully I can kick it up a notch this year.  We’ll see.

No comments: