Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Turn your head and cough

Here I sit, at my home computer waiting for someone to stick a finger up my butt.  I’m actually not kidding.  A nurse is swinging by this morning to give me a physical for my life insurance policy.  Hopefully no violating will take place but just to be sure I’d better give the ole cornhole a little extra love while in the shower this morning.  You want it to be squeaky clean, ya know?  I bet that went way past too much information and straight to deleting any shortcuts you have to this blog.  I apologize.

As part of the physical, I had to fast since midnight last night and I’m not allowed to do any strenuous activity.  Damn!  The one day that I would actually have a couple of hours to kill in the morning and I can’t ride.  Instead I sit here with both my legs and stomach growling.

To try to make up for today’s missed ride, I snuck out for a quick mtb spin with the pooch after we put B down for the evening last night.  I didn’t get to the trail head until 8 so it was an artificial light ride from the start.  I haven’t been on a real night ride in a couple of months and it showed.  I felt like a monkey fucking a football, bouncing off of every rock and root in sight.  The cobwebs were also unreal.  I had so many hanging from my head and chest that I felt like a freaking party favor.  Nothing like a big ole mouthful of web.  All bitching aside, it was still nice to get out though and got in a quick 1:15 to keep the systems happy.

Probably no riding tonight but tomorrow I plan to commute to and from work with the Dos via as many trails as I can hit on the way.  KWood should be accompanying me on the way back so it should be a good ride.

No comments: