Tuesday, August 22, 2006

my new lust
















Team manager Big Gay Al has got me lusting for this beauty. For a few more bones than what the El Mariachi frame would cost me, I could have a complete, pretty well spec'd cross bike and with cross season quickly approaching that would be a good thing. I know, I know, to die hard cross racers disc brakes are a no no but really, what are the odds that I'll ever race at the elite cross level? Zero, zilch, nada. Truthfully, in the two cross races I did years back I was barely able to hold my on in the C races and the disc brakes would be really nice on winter commutes. So the hemming and hawing continues... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jason said...

nice stuff. that would be the commuter shit. lust away.

Have you seen any of the El Mariachi's in person yet? Wondering what that finish looks like up close.

j

rick is! said...

I've seen one of the limited editions in person. its a pretty sweet ride. I didn't inspect the finish really closely though, more at arms length.