Monday, July 31, 2006

Bradbury quick recap.

Uber quick post time.

The field was stacked for yesterday’s race at Bradbury.  EFTA doesn’t have a pro category so I’d be duking it out with the pros.  There were three in my age group and 3 or 4 others in other groups, plus a shit load of fast Southern New Englanders from the main EFTA series.

The race was supposed to be 30 miles but ended up only being 24.5.  I got a bad start but worked my way up through the field, in the end passing all but one expert and the pile of pros.  Finished 4th in my age group behind the likes of Ben Moody, some McKeefe dude and my nemesis Matt Boobar.  I felt strong all race long so I don’t feel bad losing to 3 super fast pros.

My finish time was 2:41 and change.  Not exactly an enduro but maybe they’ll have more miles next year.  If I had known the race would finish so quickly I probably would have tried for a better start.  Oh well, at least the legs felt good and to be honest, I had nothing for the guys in front of my anyway.  Probably could have caught the other expert ahead of me though.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Good finish man! The same thing with the pros happens here. There's not enough of them to have their on class so- BAM! They're in Expert. Not that it makes a diff to me, since the last XC race I did I raced Sport!

rick is! said...

good point. its too bad they don't seperate things out for you guys as well.

Andy, R&D said...

Those guys kicked my ass at Moody Park. I heard that was a tough course and all singletrack.

rick is! said...

yeah, I would estimate that of the 24.5 miles, 22-23 were single track and there was zero, i repeat, zero road. Dirt or otherwise.