Thursday, May 03, 2007

fire xc

Decisions, decisions. Now that Panaracer has allowed IRD to license their Fire XC tire design I'm left wondering what to do for race tires this year. Stick with the tried and true Ignitors or try the XC's? I think the Ignitors are a smidge lighter but I'm sure the traction is better for the XC's. Maybe Jason can give me some insight on this one now that he has these in his quiver. Kinda wish they were actually Panaracer branded tires so it would be a no-brainer to run them since Panaracer is a sponsor for the team. Of course, I've got two brand new, never been used Ignitors already so I guess my decision is made anyway.

I'm smack dab in the middle of another rest week. Perfect timing yet again because I found myself feeling especially lethargic yesterday and not wanting to ride despite the beautiful weather. Gave it some thought and realized I was supposed to be on a low volume week. That Friel knows what he's talking about I guess.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jason said...

Got the IRDs mounted last night and rolled them tonight. Felt real good. More traction than the Ignitor, but not sure yet about rolling. Only have 10 miles on them. Should have more feedback on Monday.

If you have the Ignitors, use them. I needed new (non Rampage) tire and lucked out that the IRDs were in stock. I was just about to order some more Maxxis when Alberto let me know they were in.

j

rick is! said...

thanks for the input chief!